Simulating password entry

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Aug 19 10:27:16 EDT 2004

Yes, I know about ask password, but I want a login dialog with more
than one field: user name and password. User name should be in clear
text, but the password obscured. I would love it if ask password gave
you a multi-field option, but since it doesn't, I have to roll my own.

Actually, with some help from Chipp, Yves, Richard and others, I have a
solution that works pretty well. I'll post it when I've thoroughly
tested it.

Devin