Localization

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Aug 17 05:12:04 EDT 2004

Hi Greg,

> Is there some way to detect in RR what language the user has logged in
> as
> (English, French, etc). I don't see one.
>
> Or do you just default to English and provide the user with a menu or
> preference of some kind to choose something else if they don't want
> that?

i use to check the "system weekdaynames" for sunday, sounds strange,
but works :-D
(sprache = language)
  switch
   case "Sonntag" is among the lines of the system weekdaynames
     put "d" into sprache
     break
   case "Zondaag" is among the lines of the system weekdaynames
     put "hl" into sprache
     break
   case "Sondaag" is among the lines of the system weekdaynames
     put "af" into sprache
     break
   case "Dimanche" is among the lines of the system weekdaynames
     put "fr" into sprache
     break
   case "Domenica" is among the lines of the system weekdaynames
     put "it" into sprache
     break
   case "Domingo" is among the lines of the system weekdaynames
     put "sp" into sprache
     break
   default
     put "gb" into sprache