Is this possible in RR?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Mon Aug 16 23:10:12 EDT 2004

On Aug 16, 2004, at 10:42 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> I tend to think of these external databases as overkill for nearly all
> projects, and as Paul specifically requires the application to work
> without net access, I think it would be adding a needless layer of
> complexity, requiring each user to install and maintain their own SQL
> server.

But, that isn't how Valentina or SQLite work. They are embedded
single-user databases. They do not require an install, and are not a
server. They are just an optimized data file supporting SQL queries.

The embedded DB solution offers such benefits as primary fields and
indexes, so searching within them can be very fast. They can VERY
rapidly search 10s or 100s of thousands of records. I believe they also
don't need to be completely loaded into Ram in order to be used as
stacks do.

Useful for when the local data exceeds the practical size of a stack.
All that said, I've been very surprised at what can be done with a
"simple" stack.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.