Way to pass Rev variables to javascript?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 15:31:08 EDT 2004

I've got a Revolution application that is designed to run off of a CD,
without installing anything to the user's hard-drive.   Part of this application
requires that I launch Internet Explorer to an .htm file that's stored on the CD.

My client has thrown a monkey-wrench into the situation by requesting that
one of the links within that CD-ROM-based .htm file be dynamically changed via a
variable in Revolution.   I'm trying to think of ways to do this - - - the
only thing I can think to do is:

1)   Somehow get a Revolution variable passed into IE as a javascript
variable, which is then used by that CD-ROM-based .htm file.

or

2)   Write the variable to the user's hard-drive (a cookie perhaps?), that
then gets read by the CD-ROM-based .htm file, and acted upon.

or

3)   Copy the .htm file from the user's CD-ROM drive into a temp folder on
their hard-drive, and then use Rev's text-editing ability to alter the htm file.
  Then have Rev launch the .htm file from this temp directory instead of from
the CD.

- Rob