Table fields... oh boy.

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Aug 14 04:13:12 EDT 2004

I either use locked fields, then do 'ask' when you click a cell (not the
cleanest of interfaces, but I don't use it often), or do as Jerry
Daniels demo'ed at Rev Summit, create a 'table group' of fields.

Table groups can actually be very fast, especially if you have a fixed
number of rows to display (vs rows of data). You can use a fixed number
of flds to scroll through many more rows than are actually displayed.
Think of a table group as a 'window' onto the data, and you'll get what
I'm talking about.

Jerry actually has a fairly modular table group object he uses. Course
right now his head is buried in Constellation, his new script/property
editor/debugger.