Is this a Rev bug, or what am I missing?

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 11:41:20 EDT 2004

Frank:

on  makefold what
if there is a folder what then
log "Found existing installation folder " &  what
else
log "Creating installation  folder " & what
create folder what
end if
end makefold

When this block of code executes, the log  shows (obviously) that some
of the above folders exist, and that others  (MyCompany, for ex.) are
being created.  However, the install fails  when one of the files cannot
be copied into one of the supposedly created  folders.  When I go to
look at what files/folders are on the disk,  "externals", for example.
was created as a *FILE* instead of a  folder!  I tried deleting these
files and my own folders (the ones  specific to this program) and
rerunning the installer, but the same  problem occurs.

What am I missing here?

Short answer looks like you are not trapping unsuccessful create  directory
commands, relying on a log which is not subject to its success or  failure.

/H

Hugh  Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Web: _www.FlexibleLearning.com_ (http://www.flexiblelearning.com/)