Is this possible in RR?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Aug 15 22:22:55 EDT 2004

On Aug 15, 2004, at 9:43 PM, Paul wrote:

> I know the first thing ppl will say is to 'try something less
> complicated first and work up to a project like this', which is what I
> will do, but although I think this can be done in Rev, I don't want to
> buy a license, without knowing that it can eventually done.

Paul, I DO have a license, in fact several. And while I'm frequently
seen as a verbal critic who picks apart some of the finer details of
Revolution on this list, that it not to say that I don't think it is a
remarkable tool, because it is - and that is why I own several licenses
for my company.  ;-)

Everything you mentioned in your project scope sounds like Rev would be
the ideal tool to build your project in. Networked multi-user tools
have their own set of needs and considerations, but as you've noted
(the GoRevNet example) Revolution is very adept at them. Revolution is
also particularly "newbie friendly" as you've also noted. I don't see
anything in your project details which would make me hesitate to
suggest that Rev is ideally suited to your tasks - especially after
getting your feet wet with a couple of smaller projects.

Feel free to post any questions to this list. There are a lot of great
people here who can always help out as you go.

Good luck with it.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.