checking/unchecking menus after a menu with cascading

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Aug 15 18:14:24 EDT 2004

On Aug 15, 2004, at 6:09 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> On the Mac, when a menu is drawn using the Mac's native menu or popup
>> menu control (as opposed to the non-native menus that are available
>> in Transcript), sub-menu items (i.e. menu items that causes a
>> sub-menu to appear) will not generate a MenuPick message.
>
> There must be something else at play there.  While I can't vouch for
> popups, submenus in the menubar continue to send menuPick messages to
> my menus as they have for years.  HyperRESEARCH is dependent on this
> for a number of its features, and if it wasn't working I'd hear about
> if from several hundred people. :)

It seems we are all having a difficulty communicating. Here is a
thesaurus entry for the issue at hand -

1a) The PARENT of the submenu item does not generate an event when a
mouseup occurs on it.

1b) The menuItem which has a submenu, does not generate an event when a
mouseup occurs on it.

1c) The item which you put your mouse on, from which the submenu
appears, does not generate an event when a mouseup occurs on it.

1d) The source item for the submenu, does not generate an event when a
mouseup occurs on it.

2) The submenu items themselves, DO generate events when a mouseup
occurs on it.

Everyone agrees on this, I think.

--
Troy