checking/unchecking menus after a menu with cascading Menus

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Aug 15 02:46:32 EDT 2004

On 8/15/04 1:23 AM, "moe2 at shaw.ca" <moe2 at shaw.ca> wrote:

> i can find no reference to event firing, child, grandchild, parent,
> offspring menuItems in the RR documentation ... where do you find these
> terms in the documentation?

The aren't. They're conceptual descriptions that we're using to help us try
to figure out what you're trying to accomplish. I wouldn't get hung up on
those.

So let me get this straight - you have a *stack* menu that has multiple menu
buttons on it. One of those is a cascade type menu button. When you try to
set the checkmark of some *other* button on the stack by using the example
script (i.e. putting "!c" before the contents of the button), it doesn't get
a check mark.

Do I have that right? If so, do you see the "!c" in the name of the button,
or does just nothing happen? And can I ask why you're using a menu *stack*
instead of setting the contents of a menu button?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com