Make tables more spread-sheet-like

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Aug 14 12:49:49 EDT 2004

On Aug 14, 2004, at 12:41 PM, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

> Personally, I'd like to see the ability to use varied column widths:
> right now, all columns are the same width.

Well, that part isn't exactly correct. Column width is currently based
on placement of tab stops. However, the current implementation will
extend the final tab stop almost infinitely, and those columns will be
the same size as the last one which was set.

As Chipp mentioned, many of these issues can (more or less) be resolved
programatically. Several of them cant. Bug #670 is a feature request
aimed at getting "actual" data grids implemented as a new kind of
control, which would inherently behave the way a data grid should,
without a whole bunch of workarounds through custom code.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.