errorDialog Message question

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Aug 13 09:10:39 EDT 2004

On 11/8/04 5:41 pm, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> What property does the "Script Debug Mode" menu item set, and why is it
> beneficial to ship with a default setting that's different from the
> engine default?

It defaults to true in the IDE.  The engine defaults are designed for
standalones.  Debugging is not a useful mode to have on by default, but it
is wanted by default in the IDE.  This is a rare instance, normally we place
a priority on keep the defaults in sync, and will make a few more changes to
the engine to bring it better into line in future releases.

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools