XUL, not OT anymore... was (Re: little OT (was Re: woah!))

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Aug 12 18:26:39 EDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 6:47 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

>> I've spent a good bit of time with XUL. It's pretty cool for what it
>> tries to do but it's very limiting and a poor dev choice because of a
>> lack tools for creating the UI.
>
> Hey, Andre - why don't you use Rev as a front end for creating XUL?
> Then you
> could make it public and it would also garner some interest in Rev as a
> development tool.
>
> Whaddya think?

Ken,

I was thinking about a Card to Xul conversor like the one I use to make
forms with RevHTTPd. We could loop the controls and spit a XUL file, of
course the main problem would be the scripts inside the controls, but
if one is using revHTTPd then any script can be accessed by a URL, so I
think some time soon we may have a nice and transparent way to put our
cards into mozilla...

what about this?

andre

--