use-revolution Digest, Vol 11, Issue 50

cteno4 cteno4 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 12 15:43:22 EDT 2004

Jacqueline,

Thanks very much, this fixed the problems. also fixed my truncating audio
files using the 26 engine. with the 25 engine with an invisible player
the files play fine on mac and windows, just that callbacks set near the
end can be flakie on windows. invisible players work fine on the mac,
seems to be a pc only problem. setting the location off screen and the
player to visible fixes all thse audio playback bugs.

Thanks again for the solution!

cheers,

jeff

use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote on 8/11/04 1:55 PM

>> I have been setting callbacks on my players so that when the audio file
>> is done (wav files), i can hide the pause button. i found that i have had
>> to pull the end callback time to at least 10 ticks from the total
>> duration of the file when loaded into the player to get consisitant
>> callbacks sent. On the mac i can just set the callback to the duration of
>> the player and it works every time. even trimming 10 clicks off the
>> duration for the end callback on windows i get probably 1 in 25 that
>> never get called when the player plays to the end. the player is hidden.
>>
>> any ideas of whats going on here?
>
>I had various problems with messages from hidden players in one project.
>The solution was to set the visible of the player to true and move it
>offscreen. Does that help?

Jeffrey H. Reynolds
6620 Michaels Dr.
Bethesda, MD  20817