Way to print contents of scrolling group?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 12:40:58 EDT 2004

--- RGould8 at aol.com wrote:
> I've got a group of objects that are grouped
> together within a scrolling
> group object on a card, and I'd like to print the
> contents of that group, even
> though it's not all visible on the screen at once?
> Is this possible in Rev?
> All the parameters for the print command appear to
> be card and stack-related,
> not object-related.

Hava a close look at the 'print' command ; the 'into
rectangle' form allows you to print something into a
specific part of the page that will come out of the
printer.

Suppose you have a scrolling group that is 600 pixels
high and 400 pixels wide ; then you could do something
like :
--
set the vScroll of group "Foobar" to 0
print from the topleft of group "Foobar" to the

You may have to fiddle a bit, bit this should be the
general way of doing it.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====