Questions about Rev/Transcript vs. other toolkits

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Aug 11 20:53:36 EDT 2004

Certainly there are some imaging tasks which can be done better in Flash
or Director, and some done better in RR. I seriously doubt ButtonGadget
could be built in either Flash or Director. Among other things,
ButtonGadget has a transcript-coded compositing engine and convolution
filter.

In fact, I wouldn't know if you can directly edit the binary data of
images (bits and bytes, not pixels) in either Flash or Director w/out
some sort of external.

OTH, Flash has anti-aliased graphics and Director built-in 3D capabilities.

 From a multimedia perspective, Flash and Director pretty much have it
all over RR. If one is planning on creating a complex multimedia
product, then I would of course suggest Director. That is not to say you
can't create multimedia within RR, just that more options are available
to developers in either Flash or Director.

best,

Chipp