Questions about Rev/Transcript vs. other toolkits

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 11 18:01:58 EDT 2004

Alex Tweedly wrote:
> Actually, I don't think RR excels at network and internet; it does them
> OK, but without broader library support it can't be said to excel. (e.g.
> NNTP, NTP, IMAP, POP3, email header parsers, Mime-type handling, etc.).
> Any of those could built in RR (perhaps more easily than in many other
> languages), but until they are supported in the standard package, or in
> well organized add-ons, RR is still lagging.

People still use Usenet?  I thought the spammers drove them all away. ;)

There's a POP library available -- does it not also handle POP3?

What specific challenges have you encountered with parsing email
headers, and what do you need to do with MIME types?

How are those handled in other languages?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation