the script

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Aug 10 20:43:04 EDT 2004

It sounds to me like an interesting endeavor... one thing I had
contemplated in the past was using the same means to write an xTalk
optimizer which would optimize your code before compiling. Unroll some
loops, change things like "put x+2 into x" to "add 2 to x", maybe even
translate repeat loops to use "repeat for each" syntax when
advantageous, etc.

It would be nifty to be able to drop in a macro plugin, an optimizer,
and other goodies that would actually extend the language. Heck, in
theory you could even create things like "dot syntax" plugins that just
worked as pre and post processors.