Arrgh...

Bob Nelson bobnelson at mac.com
Tue Aug 10 18:19:54 EDT 2004

Mark Brownell wrote:

> Not sure what you are doing but there is a limit to how much
> information may be contained in a single line of a field object. I
> would try putting your parsed data into a global variable to see if
> that solves the problem.

> HTH,

> Mark

First, THANK YOU!

Second, I realized that the problem was a chunk of my code which didn't
clear out the previous iteration and, instead, tagged each run successively
onto the end of a prior run, resulting in a line that continued to grow.  By
the third iteration, the line was too big and when placed back into a field,
did this weird thing instead of reporting an error.  (I guess that qualifies
as an error code, now that I know what it is!)

Third, if anyone at Rev is listening, I have a suggestion for a future
release...  Make the breakpoints follow your code!  It is frustrating to set
breakpoints in a long series of code and when you add/delete a line, your
breakpoint is now out-of-whack with where you wanted it to be.  This would
be a nice feature...

Thanks again,

Bob
--
My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and its gone.