List archive Aug04 experiment

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 16:19:58 EDT 2004

So in the interest of mining the rev-list archive I have thrown
together the last 800+ messages from this month and created two
different versions of the same MTML file.

If you go to http://www.gizmotron.org/intuition/download.html you will
see at the bottom links for the free Intuition Reader. (MacOSX and
Windows only for now) Use this to:

If you use the free reader you can either surf to this file on the
internet:
at: http://www.gizmotron.org/revolution/aug04RevList.txt and run it
from there or you can download this file and unzip it and then open it:
http://www.gizmotron.org/revolution/testList.zip

Note: There are 800 plus pages so doing a keyWord search is not
recommended without selecting the term subject first to be included
during a search. This is a non indexed search process.

Example search for best results:

1) open file with Intuition Reader

2. Click "S" in the tool bar.
   a.) enter "linux" & select "or" from the radio button
   b.) click cancel

3. Click "T" from the tool bar
   a.) Click "subject"
   b.) select "use keywords" from the radio button option
   c.) Click "MT"

The process of using a search term "subject" in combination with a
keyword allows for fastest results. Apparently a keyword search alone
takes way too long to render the text. This extremely large file for
this purpose shows me that I can work on speeding up Intuition when
it's used as a list archive tool. Anyone wishing to mine the list
archive and tag it with MTML as a resource project I would be
interested in helping create an MTML version of the archive. I can't
host this archive if once it is completed. I used BBEdit and Rev to
transform the 1.2 MB archive document to an 800+ page MTML document
with the subject tag set included. I then used Intuition to batch
process the pages into the two files. see links above. <end of
experiment/>

Mark