voting, done it. :)

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Aug 10 12:45:47 EDT 2004

MDI sounds like win3.11 technology...  beuah... ;)

inui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/multipledocumentinterface.asp
says:
>The multiple-document interface (MDI) is a specification that defines a
>user interface for applications that enable the user to work with more
>than one document at the same time.
>
>Note  MDI is an application-oriented model. Many new and intermediate
>users find it difficult to learn to use MDI applications. Therefore, many
>applications are switching to a document-oriented model. Therefore, you
>may want to consider other models for your user interface.

So although there's a large existing base of applications using MDI (and
many users who are familiar with it), most new apps (including those from
MS itself) will not use it. The users' familiarity with the older standard
may mean you need to explain the situation to them, including pointing out
the advice on the MS site.

-- Alex.