MYSTERIOUS GRAY BACKGROUND

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue Aug 10 11:40:04 EDT 2004

This means that the gray background color is somehow in revolution itself as
it shows through when I tell the background of the stack to be clear and is
white when I tell the bg of the stack to be white. So there must be some
setting in RunRev like a preference where you can tell it that gray is not
an appropriate color? Or perhaps this is in the docs as a feature?

Bill

PS It must be a feature or other people that have tried printing cards would
complain...

On 8/10/04 8:43 AM, "use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com"
<use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: Mysterious gray background when printing cards
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> On 8/9/04 9:27 PM, Bill wrote:
>> Thanks -- you cleared this up for me. If you click the little button next to
>> background color which says "clear" (in colors and patterns of stack
>> inspectior) this causes your background color to be gray. To set your
>> background color to "clear" you have to open up the color picker and push it
>> to white. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>> If I knew more I would ask for a feature on bugzilla. My feature request
>> would be to make "clear" be the lack of any color, icon, figure or even
>> gray. At least that is what I think of as clear. Or maybe if gray is chosen
>> it should be visible.
>
> Actually, "clear" in this case means "none" or "transparent". It clears
> the color assignment from the object entirely. When an object has no
> color specifically assigned to it, it inherits color from the next
> object up the hierarchy. If that one has no assignment, then the
> inheritance continues up the hierarchy until an object does have a color
> assigned or until the default is used. Somewhere in your stack or in
> Revolution itself there is a gray color that your object is inheriting.
> So, to avoid that, assign your own color -- in this case, white.

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\
         )____)____)_____)\\