ActiveX and RR

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Aug 10 11:19:26 EDT 2004

On Aug 10, 2004, at 7:41 AM, K wrote:

> I believe the focus on ActiveX is a bit short sighted once RR can make
> native OS calls (GetProcAddress, LoadLibrary ...) ActiveX, OLE, COM,
> COM+, CORBA, ImageMagik, PVM are just steps away.

Not being a Windows-based programmer, I'd have to ask - would doing
this provide the every day user  (not C programmer) a broad range of
downloadable plug ins which they could use to extend Rev's
capabilities?

I'm only interested in seeing Rev have the capacity to do even more
than it can currently do. I really don't care what means that is
through, only that it shouldn't involve a C compiler. It should tap
into some library of tools which is being continuously added to, and is
designed for the average developer to tie into their projects.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.