ActiveX and RR

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 9 22:06:50 EDT 2004

Mark Wieder wrote:

> I don't have a strong preference for the actual syntax of the
> declaration statement. I *can* say that I'm not wild about having any
> of the existing syntaxes tacked onto runrev, but I *am* used to using
> them, as are other developers, so it may be worth putting in something
> that feels comfortable to them.

I would stongly advocate using ToolBook's syntax.  To the best of my
knowledge it remains the only xTalk capable of making direct system
calls, and has done so for more than a decade.

Although it's been a few years since I worked with it I remember writing
some routines that directly used the Win API for drawing shapes for a
custom window and it was a snap.

TookBook changed hands again -- originally published by Asymetrix and
then Click2Learn, it's now in the hands of Sum Total Systems -- a demo
is available, which should include the docs:

<http://www.sumtotalsystems.com/toolbook/index.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation