ActiveX and RR

K nnoydb at excite.com
Mon Aug 9 20:15:18 EDT 2004

Basically, RR needs is own Dispatch Driver and IConnectionPoint external.  I would recomend however that RR developers implement a GetProcAddress and LoadLibrary fuctionality (cross-platform).  This will facilitate Win32 calls as well as glibc (CoCreateInsyance, CreateThread, CoMarshall, fork and many more) it would also increase the capibilities of the tool significantly.

NOTE: All COM and ActiveX interfaces are called via standard Win32 DLL.  Of course on *nix systems CORBA, PVM and many other libraries would finally be easily available.

Kevin

-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
Disclaimer:

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.

 The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them
is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of
the reader
 is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.
(A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the
scope of this article.)