more mdi

Meitnik at aol.com Meitnik at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 17:21:08 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/9/04 4:49:46 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
writes:

> does your app use multiple windows for separate documents, or
> for different views into the same document?
> -- 3 palettes, 1 menubar, and 1 toplevel stack as templete for cloning as a
document for content for diffrent docs.

> If the former you may find SDI sufficient, and if the latter you may
> find moving the contents of those auxilliary windows into groups within
> a single window will simply your user experience.\
> -- yep, if I was not fighting a deadline, I would rewrite   my doc stack as a
grp with fake titlebars etc..but am concerned for preformane on lower end MS
boxs. At this point in time, I am accepting Gates' branding of my documents
just to so something for MDI and access to taskbar.
There is a good chance I maybe forced to ship the Mac version first and get
RealBasic to the Windows verison a year later, eating lost sales on Windoze and
making it very difficult to justify renewing RR in 6 months at 500!.

Thanks for your help and well worded explaining of MDI for all.

Andrew