memory - why isn't it getting freed

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon Aug 9 16:48:22 EDT 2004

Yes, I'm using 'delete stack'.  The weird thing is that the memory does not
appear to get freed, even when using that, at least not completely.  I'm
just monitoring memory using Activity Monitor on OS X and Windows Task
Manager under Windows XP.  As I watch the memory usage of my application, it
just continues to build up and up, even though I'm "deleting" any and all
stacks that are not in use.

Chris Sheffield
Software Developer
Read Naturally