MDI kind

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Mon Aug 9 13:06:58 EDT 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 12:20 PM, Meitnik at aol.com wrote:

>> When we talk about "true MDI", are we talking about containing all of
>> the applications documents in a single window, rather than having each
>> of them as an independent window?
>> -- Well, ask a Windows developer what kind of MDI support is wanted
>> in RR. As
> for me, I want a clean and effective way to handle MDI so it works
> like a MDI
> critter in Windows expected. Anyone have a code library for handling
> MDI on
> Windows with proper support for the taskbar?

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. What is a "MDI critter" and
"proper support for the taskbar"? If no one properly identifies what
they are expecting (and why), it is highly unlikely that those
expectations will be met.

What *exactly* should MDI be doing, and what *exactly* should the
taskbar be doing?

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.