The sky is falling... [was Re: Is Rev too "Mac focused"?]

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 8 05:48:44 EDT 2004

Troy Rollins wrote:
> I think at the very least, Rev should support
> ActiveX controls... and as we all know, I'm a Mac guy. ActiveX is just
> too important to ignore.

THAT is probable a bigger obstacle to Win penetration than any other
single factor.

It's hard to appreciate the how many companies depend on ActiveX until
you work for one, but once you get a feel for how and how many companies
are using it it's undeniably a show-stopper for many sales.

Imagine if a Mac app didn't support even the most rudimentary Apple
events.  While ActiveX is not a requirement, no serious Win dev tool
exists without support for it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation