Program Testing and Persistent Properties

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Aug 8 02:31:37 EDT 2004

On Aug 8, 2004, at 2:04 AM, Ken Ray wrote:

> Not to throw water on your suggestion, but no, I don't think it would
> be
> viable (at least not as a permanent change to Rev), and here's the
> reason...
> the substituting of a stack with another stack would be disconcerting
> say the least) to experienced Rev developers. The reason is that they
> (and
> I) are too used to just being able to switch to browse tool to try
> something
> out. We are *empowered* by the single mode, rather than hampered.

That said, Bob, if you think about it, YOU (simply by nature of having
concepted it) could make a Rev plug-in which would allow you to have
this capability within your own environment. It could consist of a
single button which said "Test stack" which did the temp saving,
switched to the browse tool, then when clicked again, loaded the temp
stack and switched to the select tool.

If you really need it, you could do it.
--
Troy