image size and depth

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Aug 7 22:21:34 EDT 2004

Yves,

To my knowledge, you can't set dpi from within REV. But, as dpi is not
related to image resolution, you can perhaps actually set it in the
binary data file.

For instance, a 300 pixel x 300 pixel image at 300 dpi would print out a
1" square.

The same 300 x 300 image at 100 dpi prints a 3" square, though the image
displays *exactly* the same on the pc screen. So, dpi is a function only
for printing, and is probably a setting in the header of the image file.

best,

Chipp