Rev's Mac-Centricity (Was: Plea to sell Dan's book widely)

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Aug 7 15:12:12 EDT 2004

Troy,

> coding. If that could be strengthened with more graphics functionality
> (both 2D and 3D) I probably wouldn't bother looking around, or needing
> to constantly switch tools based on project requirements.

While looking at some graphic functions theory and how to translate,
Actionscript, java to TS, I noticed that the 3D in Flash is simply
anymations
made in Swivel3D. The rest is just smart line handling.

I plan to do some 3D again soon... It's hard but result is always fun
to watch... One nice feature of RR to implement this will be the irregular
polygon which with a matrix set of operations converts 2D to easy 3D...

Here's a nice Flash tutorial I found...
http://www.codylindley.com/Tutorials/trigonometry/index.htm

cheers
Xavier