Localizer - Transcriptlator - opinion request

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Aug 7 14:51:57 EDT 2004

> > I wrote a transcript translator engine for c,
> > pascal, basic
> > which also handles parts of fortran, php, flash,
> > java and js.
>
> This is extraordinary!

Not really but a lot of work scripting and debugging...

> If you have a website, you could
> provide this service via a Rev CGI.

> The user enters your webpage, paste their
> code in a field and click on buttons to
> set options and send the data to your
> stack running in RevCGI.
>
> I have cgi running in my site, if you are
> interested to make this available this way.

hmmm... Unfortunately you cant print a big
"sample" philigram across code... I'll see what
I can do about a demo...

My plan nowadays is to make publisheable applications.

But I had this stack nearly ready after some more c
and basic translations I did for primes computing.

> > If there is interest or need for them, I will put
> > this or both stacks in my priority list.
>
> Are you going to comment on every translation?

I havent thought about that yet ;)
But the original comments are left as they are.
I dont recommend this exercise for novices though.

> This will become like a Rosetta stone for
> developers. It's an exciting development tool.

It doens't do cunieform or hiperogliphicscripts
yets though ;) Transcript translation to the other
languages is also dubious in use. And by the time
humanity reaches Mars as a vacation spot, Transcript
surely will be obsolete ;)

> > For your info, the translators take care of
> > translating the
> > basics of any language into Transcript. It's not 100
> > perfect
> > naturally but it saves you about 80% of the time in
> > translating
> > from one language to transcript.
>
> It'll be highly useful if you provide
> comments on the translation choices
> along with the translation.

I dont see much the use of it though...
It wont translate complex stuff, so the script
is as explanatory as the stuff it changes...
Some of the parsed structures could be commented
for possible errors.
But I'll consider the cases when possible.

> I'm sure that some expressions could be
> handled in different ways. An explanation
> is always welcome.

Maybe comments to warn you that you have to
do the pointer's array translation yourself! ;)

I'll start writing a faq as questions pour in.

No one has answered my question yet...

> So, When do we see this tool? :-))

Here's a few screenshots...
http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=2