image size and depth

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Aug 7 12:20:36 EDT 2004

Actually it's simpler than that...

a screen image is 72 dpi at the pixel level.
Color printing requires 150 dpi
BW printing goes from 150 draft inkjet to 2400 or more in offset printing.

1024 px /72 dpi = x inches

im sure you can do the rest of the math. the higher the res, the smaller
the picture, the more details.

Forget about handling lpis in RR though... That's your printer's job unless
you know your stuff in Photoshop.

cheers
Xavier