Error message "Can't find handler" (was "Object: value is not a boolean (true or false)")

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Fri Aug 6 05:58:11 EDT 2004

J. Landman Gay heeft op donderdag, 5 aug 2004 om 18:09
(Europe/Amsterdam) het volgende geschreven:

> On 8/5/04 4:09 AM, Terry Vogelaar wrote:
>
>> I have a weird problem I can't solve.
>> I get an error message "Object: value is not a boolean (true or
>> false)" when calling a custom handler. The handler doesn't expect a
>> boolean value; in fact it never arrives at the handler code, because
>> the error occurs in the call. But the call works fine in the message
>> box.
>
> This is a spurious error message that was being sent in version 2.2.
> Upgrading to version 2.2.1 fixes the problem.
>
> If you are already using 2.2.1 then we'll need to troubleshoot some
> more.

Dar Scott heeft op donderdag, 5 aug 2004 om 18:06 (Europe/Amsterdam)
het volgende geschreven:

> Check it in the beta.

I installed 2.2.1 and tried it in the beta. The described error is
gone, but there is another one now. It says "Can't find handler"

I added a test function to both stacks with the same name to see which
of the two is called. To my surprise, the one in the login stack is
called! At least that explains the "Can't find handler" error. That is
the stack with the executed script in it, but that one is closed at the
moment of the call; the other stack should be the frontmost at that
time and thus it should receive messages. Or am I wrong about this?

Is there a way to explicitly tell RunRev which stack should handle the
call?

Terry