OT - Major league cool utiltiy for Mac OSX!

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Aug 6 01:27:58 EDT 2004

I recently came across a cool new Mac utility (Panther only) which
really helps me on my Powerbook. It's at:

http://wsmanager.sourceforge.net/index.php

It's called Desktop Manager and it changes the way you think about
screen real estate. You can instantly switch between a number of
desktops using whatever transition you like (I prefer the 'rotating
cube). It reminds me of SWITCHER -- a very old Mac program written by
Andy Hertzfeld (if you're old enough to remember THAT one, then you are
a hardcore Mac fanatic;-)

I also am using a new version of uControl - a key mapping utility found at:
http://gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ucontrol.html

which now has the cool ability to be able to emulate the mouse scroll
wheel on your trackpad. It's as easy as pressing the fn key and moving
your finger up/down to scroll a webpage or document.