margins and tabstops

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Aug 5 05:15:53 EDT 2004

Dag Wouter,

> :-)
> Sorry.
> As I was not in front of my computer and it was something out of the
> top of my head, I couldn't test.
> So here is the correction for completeness sake:
>
>  constant origTabs = "30,60,90,120,150,180,210,240,270" ---- or
> whatever format
>
> on resetcolumns
>     set the tabstops of fld 1 to origTabs
> end resetcolumns
>
> on showcolumn x
>   get origTabs
>   repeat with i = x to the num of items in it
>     add <wideCellValue> to item i of it
>   end repeat
>   set the tabstops of fld 1 to it
> end showcolumn
>
> Tested it on all kind of fields (list included) and it works over here.

I am sure this will work (somehow ;-), but not in my case!

I haved a simple list-field with a simple "mouseup" handler...
And some disabled buttons with fixed size (what else!) as the "labels"
for the "columns"...

The "vgrid" will be at the right location -> the sides of these buttons,
but the text of that field is not, because of my 60 px left margin...

With a TAB set to e.g. 200, the text will go to 260, but the "vgrid"
will display at 200

Now i just want to use the "vgrid" to prevent ONE column from
"overflowing"
into the next TAB... (That's what i really want!)
Nothing less and nothing more :-) A simple but FIXED display!

If i use your technique, the whole field will be "out of sync"...

Know what i mean?

I am afraid i will have to use a fake listfield BELOW my listfield,
remove the
wide left margin completely and FAKE again what i want to achieve ;-)

> Greetings,
> WA

Groetjes

Klaus Major