mac 2 screeners

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Thu Aug 5 04:47:00 EDT 2004

Hi 2 screen mac users,

Bug 1866 is closed with the following line:

> ------- Additional Comments From kevin at runrev.com  2004-08-04 17:30
> -------
> We changed the IDE to prevent this happening so you couldn't get a
> stack "stuck" underneath the menu
> bar on the Mac OS.  This is a feature, not a bug.

As I suppose a closed *feature*bug is not turned on again later, I
throw this one on the list.

The feature is not to get a stack get stuck underneath the rev menu bar.
The problem is if there are 2 screens with different resolutions and
bottoms aligned, screen real estate is lost.
It is not possible to put a stack window above the menubar bottom as
they jump back .
On the second screen is no menubar where a stack could get stuck.
Wouldn't it be nicer if the code of this feature was changed to take
the region of the menu bar instead of the bottom of the menu bar and
free the space on the second screen instead of having to align the tops
of the screen (and still lose some place)?
And for another solution I like 4wDeskView a lot (tnx Mr Gaskin)

(I know this is a luxury problem to some :-)

Greetings,
WA