image in htmlText overruns top of line hilited

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Aug 4 19:49:01 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a field with listBehavior set to true and fixedLineHeight set to
false.  It contains htmlText and one line has an image which is 40
pixels tall.  When the line is selected the very top 2 pixels of the
image extend over the top of the hilite.  I've put a screen shot here:

<http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/imageoverrun.jpg>

I tried adjusting the textShift of the image but that doesn't fix it.
I adjusted the textHeight to see if that would fix it and it does if I
set it to 42 or higher.  This would be great if I wanted all my lines
to be 42 pixels tall.  I don't.  So based on what I've observed under
OS X this is what I think is happening and what should happen -

1) There is a 2 pixel buffer between the bottom of the line and the
text baseline.
2) The engine is setting the height of the line with the image to 40
pixels (2 pixels below the text baseline and 38 above).
3) Since the image starts at the text baseline the height of the line
should really be 42.  When the textShift is adjusted this 2 pixel
buffer needs to be added as well.

So does anybody have any further insight into this?  I'm I missing
something obvious or is this a bug that I should promptly report?

I'm using OS X.3, Rev 2.5 b1.

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore