OT: Javascript to close any prev open windows

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 09:55:41 EDT 2004

I realize this doesn't pertain to Revolution, but I don't presently belong to
a Javascript listserve, and the folks on this list are probably smarter than
the folks on a javascript listserve anyway ;)   This actually is for a project
using Rev, but this occurs after Rev launches IE and quits itself.

Does anyone know if a means in Javascript to write an "onload" handler that
detects any previously opened windows in Internet Explorer and automatically
closes them when the present html page opens?

something like:

body onload="window.close()"

except that instead of closing the present html page's window, it'll close
any previously opened windows.   Unfortunately, we don't know the "name" of the
previously opened windows.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.