Corrupted Files in OS X

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 3 22:07:47 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance if this, being observed with MC, is not directly
relevant to Rev, but I suspect it is.

A week or so ago I wrote in about corrupted MC stack files, where a
tilde (~) was being appended to the mc extension of the file residing
in the Mac OS folder of the application package of a standalone (what a
mouthful that was...).  One of the list members, Wouter, responded that
mc~ files are temps or backups the engine makes when there is a crash
or corruption.  In my case, it appears that the problem was caused by
an attempt to write output to the Shared folder.  Redirecting output to
another folder within the current account fixed it.

My question now is whether it is possible to write to the Shared
folder.  It has read-write permission assigned to everyone.  So, why
the problem?

	Gregory Lypny
	Associate Professor of Finance
	John Molson School of Business