Animation library+open source

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Aug 3 11:28:27 EDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 9:03 AM, Wolfgang M.Bereuter wrote:

> correct me if I m wrong, but how can a part of rev be open source
> without a GPL License for rev?

The animation library is a stack. Written in Transcript.

> As I understand I can make my scripted code free (open source), but
> every open Source developer has to buy a rev license to write code?
> Will they do that? (How knows this guys?)

You would be able to edit it with Revolution, just like any other stack.

You need to consider that this really means, take it and edit it
however suits you. This makes anyone with a Rev license have the
capacity to make something better out of it. It is just a stack, like
any other.

> Is there any intention in RR to make the engine open source?

The engine is not a stack, and is not written in Transcript. Open
sourcing the engine is a whole different topic, but I wouldn't expect
that to happen any time soon. The engine is essentially where RunRev
derives its income.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.