Callbacks

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Aug 3 04:49:28 EDT 2004

Hi Barry,

> I am a newbie with Revoloution and would like to get some information
> about using callbacks with Revolution to support QuickTime movies. I
> would like to have information displayed during playback by attaching
> callbacks to the movie's chapter tracks times so that the message the
> callback contains is displayed. I have 2 questions. How are callbacks
> created? Does one type into the callbacks option screen (of the
> Property Inspector Window) when the quicktime movie is selected and
> enter the numbers and messages there? I have tried that, but upon
> typing them in and then selecting another option such as basic
> properties and then going back to the callback list, I see the
> callbacks are now gone. I have the callback handler on the card script
> so that when the message is tagged in the movie, the script for the
> message should display in the field I tell it to.
>
> Please help me establish callbacks to use in conjunction with
> quicktime playback of text/chapter tracks.

please check the "user contribution page" on the RR website, there is a
small stack of mine
concerning and explaining "the callbacks":

The Mistery of the callbacks v1.0

Waaaaay down the page :-)

And please spread the word that there are LOTS of these nice thing on
that page!!! ;-)

> Barry Sieber

Regards

Klaus Major