Advise on enterprize application.

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Aug 2 17:24:31 EDT 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 6:17 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> If you've already written the interface in Rev and depending on how
> separate your data fetching code is from your interface code then it
> should be a breeze.  I like to have data fetching functions which
> return arrays that I build the interface from so if I ever do need to
> change my data source I don't have to modify anything but the data
> acquisition library.

yes, it's pretty easy to change, almost everything was built by
Database Query Builder, just dump the query and write your own.

> Creating a good application interface using HTML will depress you.  If
> you want to do it right you will have all sorts of browser
> compatibility issues to deal with and it is difficult to mimic basic
> functionality available in a desktop app.  Writing an DB interface on
> the server shouldn't take too long.

I already begun to write a DB interface using LibCGI as my backend...
but I think my engine is missing the database library for I received
this error:
  Object: stack "libCGI"
Line: 1
Statement: -- --
Value: revOpenDatabase

Is there any trick to use MySQL with CGI using linux mc engine?

andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL