Looking for more info on hScroll

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Aug 2 13:51:22 EDT 2004

On Jul 31, 2004, at 3:46 PM, Wouter wrote:
>>  I did some more tests and I think the design of my slider is what is
>> causing the problem. I added a call which prints out the value of
>> formattedWidth - width - margins - borderWidth and as my custom group
>> slider got to the end of the group the value increased. My custom
>> slider which is part of the group itself was extending past the
>> previous extreme right side of the group and adding a couple of more
>> pixels to the group. Though the formattedHeight increases the highest
>> value of hScroll for the group doesn't seem to be updated. I will
>> keep fiddling around and see if I can pinpoint exactly what is going
>> on though.
>>
> Aha you used a custom slider in the group. I thought you used the
> horizontal scrollbar of the group itself.
> I bugzilla'ed an extra problem with sliders (bug #1912). May be this
> applies also in your case.
> Be careful with the value of the thumbpos if the numberformat is not
> used.
> You *see* ints but internally it still remain decimals which are
> trunc-rounded in a weird way when needed in for example a repeat loop.

I actually use a scrollbar control as well as a slider that is inside
the group being scrolled.  Think of a video editor like iMovie where
you have a slider that moves through the video but also a slider that
moves the entire video timeline when you are zoomed in.  When I was
moving the video slider that is inside the group it was coming to the
end of my timeline graphic and extending slightly past the edge.  This
changed the formattedWidth of the group but the maximum hScroll
property would not increase.  I need to do simpler test to see if this
is a bug or not.  I fixed the problem by adding a small buffer to the
left and right of my timeline so that the video slider would not
increase the formattedWidth when it got to the edges.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com