More on Pam's PC transfer problem

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Aug 1 15:26:20 EDT 2004

Marian-

Sunday, August 1, 2004, 10:36:02 AM, you wrote:

MP> In an attempt to see if building a standalone using the Win version of
MP> the Rev 2.5b1 would solve Pam's problem, I did the following:

MP> Downloaded Pam's stack (and the ZIP file version of Rev 2.5 b1) on my
MP> Mac. Transferred Pam's file over to PC over my wireless network but the
MP> file will not open in Rev 2.5b1 on my PC--says file is corrupted.

Try opening the file in a text editor. I had this problem with other
files and when I did this the first line of text said that the file
had been encoded with binhex. If you see that line when looking at the
zip file with a text editor then you need to unbinhex it first. Once
you've done that you can open the resulting zip file with no problem.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net