Auto Full Screen for presentations

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Aug 1 15:14:24 EDT 2004

Hello Katir,

Here is some code i'm using to handle such kind of tasks (a QT Player
stack). Perhaps will it be something you can pick and adapt to your own
needs :)

Best,

on resizeStack
   show fld "userpanel" of stack "istream"
   if the rect of stack "istream" is not the screenRect then pass
resizeStack
end resizeStack

on dofullscreen
   lock screen
   put the screenrect into eee
   hide fld "userpanel" of stack "iStream"
   set the rect of stack "iStream" to eee
   subtract 20 from last item of eee
   set the rect of player "mainplayer" to eee
   set the showController of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to
false
   set the loc of player "mainplayer" of stack "istream" to the loc of
window "iStream"
   hide menubar
   set the backgroundcolor of this cd to "black"
   unlock screen
end dofullscreen

on dofullscreen2
   lock screen
   put the screenrect into eee
   hide fld "userpanel" of stack "iStream"
   set the rect of stack "iStream" to eee
   show graphic "graphic1"
   subtract (last item of eee div 3.8) from last item of eee
   set the rect of player "mainplayer" to eee
   set the showController of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to
false
   set the loc of player "mainplayer" of stack "istream" to the loc of
window "iStream"
   hide menubar
   set the backgroundcolor of this cd to "black"
   unlock screen
end dofullscreen2

on doresizebtn
   lock screen
   set the backgroundcolor of this cd to ""
   hide fld "userpanel" of stack "iStream"
   set the left of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to the left of
fld "commandpanel" of stack "iStream"
   set the width of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to -44+the
width of window "istream"
   set the top of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to 20
   set the height of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to -38+the
height of window "istream"
   set the showController of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to
true
   unlock screen
end doresizebtn

on doresizeplayer
   global StSzTemp
   lock screen
   set the backgroundcolor of this cd to ""
   if the left of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" is not "254"
then
     show menubar
     set the rect of stack "istream" to the screenrect
     set the loc of stack "istream" to the screenloc
     set the top of window "istream" to 20
     set the height of window "istream" to -40+the height of window
"istream"
     -- put the rect of stack "iStream" into StSzTemp
     -- set the rect of stack "iStream" to the screenrect -- StSzTemp
     set the showController of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to
true
     set the left of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to 254
     set the width of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to -276+the
width of window "istream"
     set the top of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to 84
     set the height of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to
-46-60+the height of window "istream"
     set the width of fld "userpanel" of stack "iStream" to the
-44+width of window "istream"
     hide graphic "graphic1"
     show fld "userpanel" of stack "iStream"
     revChangeWindowSize the width of stack "iStream", the height of
stack "iStream"
   else if "mainplayer" is not in the target then
     hide fld "userpanel" of stack "iStream"
     set the left of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to the left
of fld "commandpanel" of stack "iStream"
     set the width of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to -44+the
width of window "istream"
     set the top of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to 20
     set the height of player "mainplayer" of stack "iStream" to -38+the
height of window "istream"
   end if
   unlock screen
end doresizeplayer

Le 1 août 04, à 20:48, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami a écrit :

> Some applications like Power Point, DVD players Acrobat automatically
> fill the entire screen if you open a presentation, regardless of the
> resolution of the monitor. If there is an aspect ratio to be
> maintained the unused areas of the overly long screen dimension are
> set to black.
>
> I've never tried to make this happen with my revolution apps, as,
> personally I didn't think it was a good idea and since I work on a 21
> inch apple cinema display filling the entire screen seemed a bit over
> kill.
>
> I've always stuck with hiding the desk top.
>
> But some presenters  expect this behavior (auto use entire screen), if
> they have to give a class to children or make a presentation to a
> board, they just expect to boot up the application and viola the
> entire screen is taken up.  And I have noticed that on some windows
> machines the physical screen is just a standard 12" desktop screen but
> the resolution is set to 1152 X 720 (my goodness how any one can read
> anything in that environment is beyond me!) and, my presentation if
> set to to 800 X 600 appears pretty small in the center of the screen.
> Asking them to adjust the display properties to 800 X 600 just makes
> eyes roll and besides it tends to ruin the look... because the monitor
> is optimized for a higher resolution and changing the monitor
> resolution can wreck the pixels...? I really don't understand it very
> well.
>
> How do we do this in Revolution? What are the caveats? Don't some
> graphics get "blown" when being oversized from their original? What is
> Power Point doing behind the scenes to keep everything looking good if
> it boots into a super high resolution-huge screen space?
>
> I suspect  someone already has a set of pre-open stack handlers that
> does this job across all platforms, if so, could you share those with
> us? Along with the usual set of warnings about what not to do...
>
> Thanks
>
> Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
> Himalayan Academy Publications
> at Kauai's Hindu Monastery