How do I extract the sounds from a HyperCard stack and put it> into a Revolution stack?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Apr 30 23:34:13 EDT 2004

Hello Deena,

> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:18:25 -0600
> From: "Deena Larsen" <DLARSEN at do.usbr.gov>
> Subject: How do I extract the sounds from a HyperCard stack and put it
> into a Revolution stack?
>
> Hi
>
> I am trying to see if Revolution will transfer a series of hypercard
> stacks. These stacks have sounds, which are embedded in the stack.
-----------
HC sounds are stored in the Resource Fork of the stack. Rev does not use or
(generally, i.e., without an external) access the Resource Fork because it
is crossplatform and PC's have no such animal.
-----------
> How do I get the sounds out of the Hypercard stack?
You should be able to extract them with ResEdit or QT Pro, and translate
them to .aif, .wav, or .MP3 files.
> How do I re-introduce them into the Revolution stack?
File menu -> Import As Control -> Audio File...

...embeds it, but you can also reference it. If you have a lot of sounds,
referencing instead of embedding will save stack file memory.