open process for OSX

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Apr 29 18:01:57 EDT 2004

I have a process I want to read from in OSX. I can shell out and launch
it as a daemon with the "&" to return control to RR, but I can't read
any resulting data.

This process once started, just runs along spewing data. I'd like to
read the data if possible. According to the docs 'open process' is not
supported in OSX. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

BTW, I can't shell out to it directly as it will 'lock up' RR as RR is
waiting for the command to finish executing-- and it never does.

Perhaps I can pipe the data to a text file? But, I don't know how to do
this efficiently... Any help is appreciated.

best,

Chipp