Revolution for Voting

Zac Elston zelston at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 12:57:04 EDT 2004

Just thought I'd toss this out since it's been eating at me forever and
I never have time to really get into it.

In case you haven't noticed there is a big mess in touch screen voting.
   A few enterprising individuals have created open source voting
systems which are workable but need backing for the support
infrastructure.  That seems to be the big hurdle no matter what.

I happen to write/furnish a lot of touch screen tools in Revolution for
doctors and government stuff so I've been interested in how these
systems work and have a lot of experience with touch systems.

My city had a few such commercial voting products (Diebold) last
november when I voted.  I stared with astonishment at the simplicity of
them.  It would take a few hours to write the same thing in Revolution
(well the interface/storage anyway) and allow the source code to be open
as well.

I think this would be a great way to promote Revolution as a stable
system able to manage a very serious task.  Anyone interested as an
academic exercise in assisting (need to print to a variety of simple
tape printers)?
-zac