OS X screen saver - somewhat off topic

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Tue Apr 27 23:51:30 EDT 2004

On 28/04/2004, at 10:19, Sarah Reichelt <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, however none of them will do
> what I need. Using either AppleScript's quit of the shell's kill (with
> or without -9) works fine if you have started the screen saver by
> pushing the mouse into the specified corner. If the screen saver has
> come on after it's set time, both these methods stop the current
> screen saver process but another one is immediately started.

Sarah

What is the parent process ID of the new process that starts (try ps
-ajx)? Is it something else you can reasonably kill, so it will not
spawn further savers?

As an aside, I am wondering if these behaviours are related to a
problem I have where my Powerbook will occasionally refuse to wake
properly - the disk sounds are all as usual but the screen never clears
and the only resort is the reset button.

regards
David